Saturday, August 26, 2006

Freecycle

I scored my first item from freecycle. I have periodically checked things out there before we moved, but my sister-in-law reminded me of it again not too long ago, so i have been checking out the local freecycle stuff for a couple of weeks now. There really hasn't been much that I was interested in until this week. Someone posted about an entertainment center that they had. I quickly replied to them, because we have been needing one fo rthe kids playroom. Since we moved, we just had the tv on a kids table. It was not very organized or eye appealing. Anyway, there were a few people ahead of me in line, but apparently they declined it or never replied back. So, Jason and Matt went to pick it up this morning. It is a huge 6x6 wall unit, with shelves on both sides of the tv opening. I am so pleased with it. It is perfect to display toys and books, and keep things organized too! I am doing the happy dance right now!!! YAH!!! So, if you haven't looked before, I now highly reccommend checking out www.freecycle.org and search for your area. It is a great place to find treasures and get rid of a few too! As they say "one persons trash is anothers teasure!" How very true!