Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Gross, gross, gross.........

We have had a few encounters with native hawaiian "critters" since we have been here(centipedes, lizzards, mice, etc), but this one takes the cake! This is a Cane Toad, and we just found him STUCK in our dryer vent hose! YEWWWWW!!!! Over the weekend, the only laundry that I did was our beach towels a few times after we returned from the beach or pool. With each dryer use, I noticed a fowl smell from the dryer. I knew something had to be there, but not really expecting THIS! Jason pulled the dryer out and took the hose off. He started to shake it and quickly realized that soemthing was stuck inside. After a few good shakes and bangs on the ground, this fried to a crisp Cane Toad falls out. YEWWWWW!!! Talk about gross! Think about how big a dryer hose is around...he was tightly stuck in there. He was huge!!! Needless to say, we are installing some screen over the exhaust hose to prevent anything like this again!