Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Beautiful Offering

I attended a Women's Conference hosted by my church this past weekend. The speaker was Angela Thomas, who is a nationally known speaker and has written several books/bible studies (including A Beautiful Offering). Anyway, it was fantastic! The womens worship team was great. The music was so uplifting! Angela did 3 sessions during the day. She is from North Carolina, but currently lives in Knoxville, TN so it was great for me to hear that southern accent again! I was sitting at the same table as Angela, so I got some great conversation time with her. She is such a great person. And very..."ordinary". (You'd understand the significance of that word if you have heard her testimony before!) Our church also had a luncheon with her on Sunday after church. Again, I was seated at her table. God works in amazing ways...I was so touched, refreshed, and lifted after speaking with her over the course of the weekend. She is truely a woman of God. If you haven't read any of her books, I highly reccomend checking them out.