Saturday, February 16, 2008

Red Letter day(s) pics

Even though my Valentine was/is thousands of miles away, I still mananged to have a pretty good Valentine's Day...THANKS TO SOME GREAT FRIENDS! Jamie and her kids, and Robin and her daughter all came over to my house for our "Lonely Hearts Dinner". I made salad and dessert, Robin made Dorito nachos, and Jamie made chicken alfredo. It was all fantastic! Here are my table decorations for the evening- and here is my cake. It was so yummy! It was a devil's food cake with streawberry filling/frosting, then drizzled with chocolate. It was so good! I will definitely be using that recipe again. We all just talked the evening away and ate until we were stuffed. It was a nice way to enjoy the day, without being too "lovesick" for our sweeties!
And on friday, Jamie had a little bday party for me at her house. We are all about having a reason to party! LOL Friends, food, and fun...what more can you ask for?
The cake was so pretty. Check out the flowers on it...they are hibiscus! I have never seen hibicus flowers on a cake before! Only in Hawaii!! LOL It was very yummy, and the p-nut butter ice cream was a dream! THANKS JAMIE!!!
The birthday girl...
I am so thankful for the wonderful friends that I have made here. You guys are great! When is the next party???