Monday, March 31, 2008

A few short minutes

can make such a HUGE difference. Jason called tonight just as I was trying to get Megan and Jonathan to bed. Both of them wanted to talk to him, so I passed the phone over to them. It had such a calming affect on them. Once they talked to him, and I got off the phone, they went right to bed. They miss their daddy so much. I breaks my heart, and makes me smile at the same time, to see how much they love and miss him...

Of course, just getting to hear his voice is wonderful for me too. Even though it was just a short call this time, just to hear him breathe and know that he is okay is the best thing in the world. I love being able to talk to him, email him, IM with him. The technology that we have now is great for keeping in touch. Its hard ti believe that even just 12 yrs ago when he was in Korea, we woudl only talk about every 2 weeks, and we didn't even own a computer then! I dont know how we survived that year apart! It is kindda crazy to think that, once this deployment is over, we will have spent over 3 yrs apart due to hardship tour/deployments. What is even more crazy is that we have been together for 16 years this summer...that is literally half my life!!! We are so blessed!