Friday, July 11, 2008

post-op check-in

Well its friday, 4 days after my surgery. I am finally starting to feel semi-normal. Boy, it sure knocked me for a loop this week. I was not expecting to be out of it quite as much as I was. They practically kicked me out of the hospital before I could see straight, much less walk straight. They wheeled me down in a wheelchair, and I hardly remember any of the trip down the hospital hallway or the drive home. I was really out of it. I remember my mom getting me out of the truck and practically carrying me in the house. I could see my feet moving but didn't feel like I was th eone moving them. It was a weird feeling. Anyway, I spent the rest of the day monday in the bed. Tuesday and wednesday were pretty much spent on the couch and in the bed. Thursday, I tried to stay up most of the day, but still didn't DO anything. My mom and I did go to the commissary to pick up a few things. It was my first "test". I very slowly strolled the aisles, while my mom pushed the buggy and shopped. I was pretty beat when we got home. Today was pretty good, but I did alot and am real tired now. We went to the PX today to have another "test" of my limits. Then we had to pick the girls up from camp. The ride to camp was ok, but I stayed all tensed up trying not to bounce around the seat so my back is hurting a bit. I haven't driven yet. That will be an entirely different experience. I remember how I felt the first time I drove after having a c-section...very much a similar healing feeling as this is. We'll see how that goes in a few days. Anyway, the girls had a blast at camp. They were all exhuasted and hungry! LOL They made a lot of new friends and Kailyn was excited to have lots of phone numbers and email addresses of her friends. I know they will all sleep good tonight in their own beds. My mom leaves on sunday, so we will have to adjust to being on our own again. The girls have been briefed about my limitations and how they are going to have to help for a while. The main thing is lifting. They will have to help with laundry, groceries, etc until Jason gets home. ***YAY! That is only a few weeks away! WOOHOO!*** Thats about it for us for now. More later...