Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

So another Thanksgiving has come and gone with my hubby deployed...good news is that it is getting close to him coming home!!! YAY!!! I didn't ever post on our deployment anniversary. It was kindda bitter-sweet. On November 14, he was officially gone for 1 year...365 days...12 months...whichever way you look at it, it is one heck of a long time.
This year, Thanksgiving dinner was at Jamie's house. We split up food responsiblities and had a very enjoyable day. I had several invitations for dinner, and I thank everyone that offered, but last year we did the house-hopping thing and I was wiped out by the end of the day. I decided to graciously decline the other offers and stick to one house. LOL
Here's me and Laura checking on Mr.Tom Turkey and sucking out some of his juices for the gravy. Here is a few of us admiring all of our hard work. Kim, Jamie, Jennifer, Me, Robyn(left to right) The grown-up table.
The kids table.
Another shot of the kids table.
Of course, we had to do something after eating all that food. Here we are having a little band practice...RockBand, that is! LOL Jennifer on guitar, me on drums, Laura on microphone. (Check out that cool tattoo on the drummer...LOL)
Another shot of our Band...it is so much fun! Jennifer on the microphone, Jamie on drums, and me on guitar.
It was such a great day. I am so thankful to all my friends here in Hawaii. Army wives have a bond that a lot of people just dont understand. The things that we have to go through, both good and bad, the way that we rely on each other, understand each other, it is just such an amazing relationship that we have. I am truly thankful to have them in my life.