Saturday, July 11, 2009

NKOTB in Cincinatti

I know that I have slacked on the blog lately, but I am gonna try to get it updated this weekend. Here is my first installment of updating...my road trip to Cincinatti to see NKOTB!!! WOOHOO!!! On friday June 27th, Jamie, Tonya, Brenda, and I headed out to Cincinatti. We drove the whole way friday afternoon/evening and laughed the whole way! We made it to Covington, KY and stayed in a wonderful Marriott right on the Ohio River. The view of Cincinatti from our hotel was fabulous, and the beds/pillows were heavenly! Of course, the fact that we didn't have to share the bed, wake up with kids or dogs, and could sleep as late as we wanted added to the wonderful-ness of it! LOL

On saturday, we spent some time riding around the area, checking things out. We walked across the suspension bridge that was beside out hotel and just enjoying being "girls" for a while. It wasn't long before we were on our way to the Riverbend Music Center for our concert!The concert was better than I ever imagined. Although it was hot, hot, hot...we enjoyed every minute of it. The dance group Jabawokee opened the show, then Jesse McCartney was on stage. My girls would have gone nuts to see him, but this was a BIG girls trip and they just were not invited! HA It was getting dark as the time came for the New Kids. They came on, and lit up the stage! I mean, that place was rockin'! It was a fantastic show and I screamed and took pictures as fast as I could! We truly had a blast. During the whole trip, we had 3 cameras snapping pictures (except during the concert we only 2, b/c the guards wouldn't let Tonya bring her's in), so we have over 400 pics from the weekend. I wanted to post so many, and i tried narrowing it down, but still decided to just post a slideshow with some of the good ones.



Here are the 4 of us after the concert...we are STILL glowing! LOL And here is the slideshow!