Friday, October 22, 2010

Complete Failure...

BUT, I am going to try again! My last attempt at getting back on the blogosphere was a complete failure. Life has a way of taking up my "free" time, but I do find blogging to be quite therapeutic for me...SOOOOOO, here we go for another go-round!



So much has happened over the course of the last 9 months or so. I am not even going to attempt to catch up with it all. Here are the highlights:

*my Mema passed away from lung cancer in April. I miss her so!!!

*I started working parttime at our church as one of the administrative assistants. Loving it!

*we went on a family vacation in June to Orlando. we hit SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Arabian Nights Dinner show, Downtown Disney, the condo pool, etc. had a blast!

*Allison spent a week on a mission trip in NC with our church in July, Kailyn and Megan spent a week at Operation Purple Camp (for deployed soldiers kids) in July. Boys stayed at "Grand"camp (g-ma and g-pa's house) for that same week...yes, Jason and I had a week to ourselves...too bad we had crazy works schedules and didn't get to enjoy much of it!

*Jason's step-dad passed away from lung cancer in July. Jason was due to deploy in July, but due to his ste-dad's condition, he was allowed to stay on rear-detachment for a few months.

*Kids started school in August. Allison is in 9th (YIKES! I am a mom to a high-schooler!), Kailyn is in 7th, Megan is in 5th, Jonathan in 3rd, and Austin in 1st.

*after being on pins and needles for 3 months, Jason finally deployed in October to catch up with his unit in Iraq. Yes, this is his 3rd tour in the sandbox.



That about sums it up! The kids and I are adjusting to deployment life again. Jason just arrived safely at his destination in Iraq. We just all hope that it goes by as quickly as possible!!! This should definitely be the last deployment that we have to go through. Once he returns from this one, he will only have 2 years until retirement!!! WOOHOO!!!



Here's a new family pic of us just a couple of weeks ago, just before Jason left. See how everyone has grown????? Life is just crazy...but I love it!